How to get on track for a career in Motorsport
Bicester Motorsport (formerly OCVC Motorsport College) teaches Motorsport and Engineering to young people and those seeking new careers in the motorsport industry. To gain a wider understanding of the motorsports industry so you can progress to higher education or a motorsport apprenticeship, study our Extended Diploma in Engineering Motorsport.
Our students go on to work in industry or get places at universities. Each year students go from here to work in F1 and related or supporting industry. We currently have students or former students working at Lotus, Force India, Red Bull and Prodrive.
Gain ExperienceBy studying and training at our specialist motorsports engineering campus at Bicester you’ll gain first-rate experience and a qualification that gives you the equivalent of three A-levels.
You learn the following subjects, and more:
- Health and Safety
- Welding Technology
- Mechanical principles
- Drawing and Computer Aided Drawing (CAD)
- Vehicle Engine Principles
- Motorsport Preparation
- Engineering Project
- Electronic pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Light Vehicle Transmissions
- Engineering Materials
Applicants for a level 3 programme will normally have:
- At least four GCSEs at grade C or above (including some subjects related to the proposed area of study) and/or a completed level 2 award
- The willingness to study for an additional level 2 qualification in English and/or Maths as required
- If you are interested in a level 3 programme and have alternative qualifications you would like us to consider please contact us with your details
Applicants will be invited to attend an interview and complete an internal assessment. All students will have their literacy and numeracy needs supported within the programme.