Monday 8 December 2014

Jamie Underwood - Motorport Case Study

(Reblogged from http://www.banbury-bicester.ac.uk/jamie-underwood-motorport-case-study )

Level 3 Apprenticeship in Motorsport Engineering - Banbury and Bicester College – part of Activate Learning

“My dad and I have always watched formula one on television and I have followed motorsport since I was a child, so it was always an interest of mine.

“My sister was already studying at the Banbury campus, so I came along to an open event at Bicester and liked what I saw. I took the extended diploma before moving onto the apprenticeship.

The course was very hands on and it helps when the tutors are so enthusiastic about their subject.

“Throughout the course we had access to employers from the motorsport industry, who would come in to give talks, support our practical projects and offer help with CVs. As I came to the end of the course, there were a number of employers offering apprenticeships, who advertised on campus. I was interviewed for an apprenticeship with Sahara Force India, and was successful.

“The apprenticeship is brilliant. It is something I genuinely enjoy doing, so it doesn’t feel like a task going to work every day.

“I love building things for the car and seeing them being used. You know that what you do makes an impact.

“If you are passionate about motorsport then this is the route for you. I am hoping to join the race team when I finish and to travel the world.”

You can apply for the course that Jamie completed - Level 3 Apprenticephip in Motorsport Engineering

No comments:

Post a Comment